When family comes and goes during the holiday season it is hard to know what the easiest snack is to put out on the table. Often the easiest option isn’t the healthiest, yet, if you have a little added time during the holidays to make a better option then this paleo pumpkin bread is seasonal, delicious and almost guilt-free!
What you need:
1 ½ cup almond flour ½ cup coconut flour
1 tbsp cinnamon ½ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice 1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 ¼ cups homemade roasted pumpkin puree (if you have time to make it yourself) or store-bought organic pumpkin puree, well-drained will do the same trick
3 eggs ½ cup maple syrup
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted 2 tsp pure vanilla
¼ cup chopped walnuts plus extra for the top (optional)
¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl place eggs and maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Add pumpkin puree, coconut oil and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in chopped walnuts and dried cranberries if using.
- Pour the batter into the tin and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle extra chopped walnuts (if using) over the top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing.
- Enjoy with friends and family this holiday season!