It is true that chiropractic has a long history of success providing relief from muscular concerns like back pain, neck pain, headaches, arm pain, sciatica, and the list goes on. In fact, many peop» READ MORE
As the weather warms up it’s our natural inclination to switch gears and prep for spring. We pull out the ladders, we hunt down the gardening tools, and we tidy up the house after sprucing up the yard. But as tempting as it is to take on all of your chores as once, it’s important to know your limits and take it slow. Consider the following ways you can avoid injuries this spring.
1. Create a spring cleaning schedule that spreads out your tasks over appropriate time period. Don’t cram too much work into one day.
2. Reduce the strain on your back and knees by using the appropriate tools to clean the floor. Rather than scrubbing on your hands and knees, opt for a mop and other upright tools.
3. Never climb on the furniture to reach high places. A step tools is a much safer choice since it provides a steady support base.
4. Don’t give in to the temptation to move furniture by yourself. Have someone help you! It’s also important to lift with the support of your knees (not your back).
5. When it comes to vacuuming, use long strokes instead of short, hurried strokes. This helps prevent painful back injuries.
Monday and Wednesday - 9:00am - 12:00pm & 3:00pm - 6:00pm,
Tuesday and Thursday - 7:30am - 10:30am & 3:00pm - 6:00pm, Friday - 3:00pm - 6:00pm